Monday, July 20, 2015

Insurance...

One thing that we are lacking in Dave's Plan, is insurance. I've got some life insurance that's employer paid through my work, but we come up pretty short for hubs and myself in the grand scheme of things.

Unfortunately, we'll need to wait for open enrollment to make any insurance additions since its cheaper to go through our companies than to look into third party providers. Since my dad died before age 50, it will cost a lot of money to get term life insurance on myself since we have to rate my "health" level so low...

I can opt into additional term insurance at open enrollment that doesn't have any medical considerations so well look into pricing that out in January when we make changes to our health insurance stuff too. It won't cost us an arm and a leg to get enough insurance on SCB, but well still need to tweak the budget to make it happen with our day care costs, which will affect our mortgage snowball for sure.... If we didn't have to pay for daycare, we'd have a lot more to work with but its our reality and well start dealing with it next month. We may not be able to have 10 times our income covered in insurance, but some is better than none.

---

I'm also finally transferring that stupid Roth IRA at Capital One to my vanguard account. I actually mailed them the papers earlier this month so its just a waiting game at this point, but once that's said and done, I'll have enough funds to re-do my portfolio and have the initial investment amounts for the new funds I want to use instead of the target date account. We'll have to wait on SCB's since he only has about $6k in his and some of the funds require a 10k initial investment so we may need to leave his in target funds for a while before we can start buying some of the growth stock mutual funds instead.

I also picked up a copy of the Millionaire next door to try and get through since my father in law recommended it.

No comments:

Post a Comment